Saturday, May 28, 2005

Save a Horse...What the Fuck am I Talking About?

this is an audio post - click to play


So here I am. It's a late night on...well I guess early Saturday morning. Looks like I won't be getting up for cartoons today. What a night it was. I won money on penny slots so I could keep drinking Gentleman Jack. He was so nice to me.

Now don't get any thoughts of me drinking all the time, alone. I think it was just a special night. Sometimes we all need those nights and instead of staying at hope eating Ben and Jerry's ice-cream, watching Beaches I went out and enjoyed a couple of drinks. I went to bar to bar, and for some strange reason I avoided the strip clubs. By the end of the night, after drinking in a small irish type pub (who by the way hooked me up with drinks) ended up at a country western bar. This is what I had to say...I hope you enjoy.

3 comments:

m said...

Inspirational message there, Dan. And just so you know, you are welcome to any of my Republican parties.

Anonymous said...

ain't a damn thing wrong with drinking alone every now and then.
it makes the good times roll.

Anonymous said...

Seems like drinking will always lead to a story. Seems like one can divorce one's self from reality while drinking. Seems like that can be avoided. But always there is a story at the end of it.

Have you ever solved the mystery of life while high then realize that you must write it down because you know that when your buzz wears off you will longer remember how to unravel the riddle? So you write it down before falling asleep and when you wake up in the morning it makes no fucking sense whatsoever?

I once woke up in Australia next to a pad of paper with the message "Pat is God." scrawled in what looked like a kidnegartner's handwriting. That triggered my memory to the solution to the ultimate mystery of life which I had figured out the night before and embarked to record before my buzz wore off. Unfortunantly I found the answer to be more confusing than the question.

It all has a meaning though. Pat may not be God, but he certainly was the Emperor, that is until he was cast down a bottomless shaft disentigrating into a blast of unadaltered energy. It's sad, but every reign must eventually come to an end.