Friday, May 06, 2005

Route 66

You know what's really weird is seeing someone you haven't seen in a long time. You know what's weirder then that? Seeing a girl you haven't seen in a long time. And do you want to know what tops that? What tops it all? It’s seeing a girl, that you used to sleep with, that you haven't seen in a long time, and meeting her finance for the first time two days before their wedding.

The countdown has begun. They are coming to Vegas to get married. They have a kid together. They are happy and for some strange reason, all I can think of is that I was the last person she slept with before the guy she's going to marry. I’m the last representation of her single life. Now call me egotistical. Call me paranoid. Call me Dan. All I'm saying is that it's going to be an interesting situation. I don't know how open their relationship is. I don't know what he knows about me. All I know is that he doesn't know me, he's big and strong and I don't know what kind of guy he is after a couple of drinks.

I can say that we didn't date (well she may tell you a different story, since women tend to think differently then men), she's a great person (I mean I wouldn't still chat with her if she wasn't) and that they are getting married (that is self explanatory) And It's not that I wasn't important in her life, it's that there's another 1,897,446,000,984,322,400 miles left on her journey and I'm just a big, fat, juicy bug on the windshield, not slowing her down, but just a reminder of the previous miles she's traveled.

6 comments:

qhunt said...

it is not that you weren't important. just really bad. she found better. lol

qhunt said...

just kidding dude

kagroo said...

:( it saddens me inside.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Dan,

Here's a big hug.

Anonymous said...

I hate meeting a girl's finances--will they be stocky? bonded? Mutually funded?

Oh, and I think you ended a sentence with a preposition...

:-)

(I still haven't gotten over the story about the English teacher correcting your grammar)

kagroo said...

Steve...to the MOON.