Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Kalamazoo?

I'm not sure if it's called Kalamazoo?: The Movie or if it's just called Kalamazoo? Anyway, I said I would post this on here so one or two of the people that do read this will see it. If I tell two friends, then they tell two friends and so on and so on and so on. I am not getting paid for this, though I'm thinking I should considering of how much money I will bring to the theater for posting this and being in it. Oh yes, my film debute as an extra. I am the only one in the shot and I know people knew it was me because when I saw the movie at a fundraiser type even in L.A. people who knew me turned there heads and looked at me. "There you are, we see you." It was an odd moment considering I don't say anything. I just look in a tin and close a van door. Oh shit, I told you the story. Oh well. I guess you could pay for the ticket and go sneak in to something else.

Dear Fellow Movie Lovers,

Our film 'KALAMAZOO?' - shot on location in Kalamazoo, Michigan - is opening in theatres on April 7, 2006 in the following Southwest Michigan cities: Kalamazoo, Battle Creek, Holland, Grand Haven and Lowell at Goodrich Quality Theatres (check www.gqti.com or local listings for showtimes!).

As some of you may already know, the opening weekend for any film in today's oversaturated market is crucial to it's success and longevity in theatres. This is particularly true for independent features. Therefore, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE get out to see it April 7, 8, or 9 (or all three!) and/or tell anyone you know in Southwest Michigan to go!

Pass this e-mail on to any friends or casual acquaintances and tell them to pass it on to their friends or casual acquiantances and so on and so forth.

For more information visit the official website: www.kalamazoothemovie.com !!

Thanks!

Dana E. Kowalski
Joanna Clare Scott
Producers

10 comments:

christine said...

i won't be in the midwest this week! (for a change)

m said...

Kalamazoo? Never heard of it.

qhunt said...

Dan, I will do my best to get to the theater. Kasey, is ready to burst with child. She is scheduled for induced labor Monday so i don't know if we will make it to the theater for the movie. Though i really want to. I suppose this is email type information, but what ever.

kagroo said...

Q,

It's all good. anyway we can get a hold of each other, without giving each other a reach around is ok in my books.

kagroo said...

I really was going to post another one tonight but I don't want to sit here for a half hour trying to write one up but I'll write this follow up. I've been getting a lot of responses from people saying that they are going to see "my movie" or that they can't make it to "my movie." I find this amusing since It's just a movie I worked on but I don't care. If it gets people there...I don't mind cause I'm going to see a lot of the money...wait a second. I don't see anything. I've been Duped.

qhunt said...

I told my wife we should go see "Kalamazoo?" and she said, "lets see Benchwarmers instead". this will be a fight to the end!

kagroo said...

Your wife is so from McBain it's not even funny. If you see Benchwarmers, I really wouldn't be hurt. It's all about opinion and she's pregnant so I wouldn't battle with this one. This could make for an easy or a "Look what you did to me!!!" type of day in the Hospital.

kagroo said...

Mike,

I am sorry to hear that. Sometimes people get a little too crazy when they hear my name. It's better to softly say my name rather than announcing to the world. They turn their heads like hungry zombies. Luckily, no one will care in L.A.

kagroo said...

I had a dream last night that people were upset with me because I wasn't writing as much as I should be. Oh the pressures of not having pressure.

qhunt said...

Mike, great story! I am sure the Gazette people deserved what they got.
Well, it was a Benchwarmers weekend. I laughed, I laughed out loud. It was real stupid comedy. Funny stuff though, a lot of cheesy parts that go along with a feel good sports movie.
But this is about "Kalamazoo?". I will see it, I promise. When Kasey is in the hospital I will sneak out and watch a movie, that sounds like what a good husband and father would do, right?