Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Apparently I Should Give Up Already

Two days of non-stop emailing out resumes I got my first reply today. I find it kind of funny that someone would even respond and take such great length's to be mean. Even when I was responding to Shawn, I was never mean. In theory, I would say that this is an auto-response from Craig's List because that's just it works sometimes. Craig's List is so fucked up and stupid. Things always back fire. Welcome to L.A. mother fuckers.


Hi there,

To be quite frank, your resume is rather pathetic. I'm looking to work with real proffessionals, not amateurs, and someone like you doesn't even warrant any payment on a project as great as this. I suppose I could give you $20 in gas money, but that's being generous.

I mean you should probably just give up on filmmaking altogether, and go back to Kentucky or Alabama, or whatever crappy little state you're from.

Let me know how this weekend looks for you, so you can learn from some real filmmakers.
Jon Kondrath

7 comments:

kagroo said...

I also just imdb'd this asshole and nothing came up...so that just goes to show...shit talks louder than words.

christine said...

i'm with you on hating craig's list.

it's only good for the male on male pound me in the ass requests that you suggested i take a look at. fantastic

christine said...

PS - i agree, totally an auto response

Anonymous said...

Here is the real Jon Kondrath.

http://tacit.caltech.edu/bios/kondrath.html

Anonymous said...

L.A. is full of assholes, kagroo. Don't let it bother you. Keep your talent and drive alive, and your skin thick... and you'll get there.
(Doc - I had the same thought about this guy's proffffessionalism.)

Girlie So Groovy said...

Hey Dan,

It's gianna (niki's friend), just wanted to let you know that Craigslist people have been bashing Jon Kondrath for days. This sound guy that I worked with on a feature even got a nasty letter from him too (and he's been doing this for a few years). So don't let that guy get you down. :-)

qhunt said...

what a turd. 'nough said.