Thursday, April 14, 2005

Trouble, Oh No Trouble Writing a Catchy Tune

Even though Cat Stevens was denied access into the United States a couple of months ago and he is on the F.B.I.'s "to watch" list(http://www.blogsofwar.com/archives/2004/09/21/cat-stevens-denied-entry-to-us/) it doesn't mean that he doesn't mean that he couldn't write a fantastic song back in the day.

That's the beauty of writing a song, or a movie, or even a child's book. You can be fucking crazy, high on drugs or straight edge. All that matters is that when a reader reads something, or hears it or feels it, he/she can relate. It's that connection, that special bond that the artist makes with his or her audience.

I know I've gotten sidetracked from my normal rants and raves, but for the moment I'm in right now, at one thirty five in the morning on a wednesday, listening to Sheryl Crow's "I Shall Believe," I feel that it is important to continue passing on the good word. Keep it up my children and fight the power.

Trouble

Trouble oh trouble set me free
I have seen your face
And it's too much for me
Trouble oh trouble can't you see
You're eating my heart away
And there's nothing left of me

I've drunk your wine
You have made your world mine
So won't you be fair
So won't you be fair
I don't want no more of you
So won't you be kind to me
Just let me go where
I have to go there


Trouble oh trouble move away
I have seen your face
And it's too much for me today
Trouble oh trouble can't you see
You have made me a wreck
Now won't you leave me in my misery

I have seen you eyes
And I can see death's disguise
Hanging on me
Hanging on me
I'm beat I'm torn
Shattered and tossed and worn
Too shocking to see
Too shocking to see

Trouble oh trouble move from me
I have paid my debt now
Won't you leave me in my misery
Trouble oh trouble please be kind
Don't wan't no fight
And I haven't got a lot of time

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw this blog and was going to post a comment, but, as I stated in the earlier post for the later blog of the same day, I was under time constraints. Work you know, it sucks.

On to the comment: I cannot believe that the government wastes its time and resources detaining people like Cat Stevens and Ted Kennedy from getting on Airplanes. I don't care what coversions he has gone through over 30 or 40 years, the man who sang "Peace Train" will never crash an airplane into a building. That's just the facts.

Dan, you should probably send Cat a nickle for the copyright infringement.

kagroo said...

He should send me a nickle for showing his song to the young peeps in the world. I'm bringing it back baby.