Thursday, April 14, 2005

I Give Myself (10-13-97)

My heart to a boxer because it is always getting some sort of beating My chest to Pandora My knuckles to a sandwich My eyes to a blind man My bones to an old dog to chew on My smile to a dark room My personality to a magician because now you see it, now you don't My stomach to an ulcer so it will have a place to live My heels to Achilles My ears to Van Gogh My hands to a sinner, these hands have sinned at least once a day My blood to a vegetarian My back to you My flesh to the father, the son and the Holy Ghost My spine to a jelly fish My mouth to a black hole My tongue to taste My arms to a newborn baby to cradle in My mind to my money and my money to my mind My nose, nails and any left over parts to bologna My body to the ground which made me

4 comments:

qhunt said...

Let me be the first to comment on the "my mind to my money my money to my mind"
fricken classic dan. that brought a smile to my face. keep on rockin in the free world broseph

Anonymous said...

I've got no time to comment now, except to say, "nice". I, of course, have critical analysis for you. Just no time to develop it into a useful commentary. (Sorry Dan, I'm a lawyer, I do it naturally, I can't stop it, it just comes and comes. I was standing at the urinal simply thinking through the lines, pursing each one for it's facial and underlying meanings. I cannot stop until I've beaten it into oblivion, and then either support it or knock it down with all my fire and rage, depending upon who hired me for what purpose and how much they are paying.) I will try to make a productive comment tomorrow.

I agree with Quentin, I laughed. It is an effective piece, simply because I was thinking about it while taking a leak ten minutes after I read it.

kagroo said...

the problem with two blogs at once is that people don't see the one right below it. Not that me posting the lyrics to a Cat Stevens song is really considered a blog...but I still put thought and effort into it. Well not really...but still.

As for this one, I kind of remember writing this one. I figured I was gonna post some more of my old stuff...the stuff that I thought was goood and that I didn't write the day of class. Sometimes I could get away with it...sometimes I couldn't. Oh it's time for new stuff anyway.

christine said...

sippin on gin and juice