Sunday, February 26, 2006

Rigamortus

It's been a weird two and a half months. In fact, I'd have to say that I haven't been myself. How do I know this? Well I think I'm myself again, but who is to really know for sure? Oh shit, I am. I'm supposed to know. The only comparrison I can think of is when you are dating someone that isn't for you. You basically spend a lot of time with your significant other and it seems perfect. The things that he/she does that are shitty don't really bother you because that's not important right now. It isn't until you are no longer spending time with that person until you can get a clear view of the situation. Your friends told you that he/she wasn't the one for you but you didn't really believe them and when you look back at it, you know that your friends were right. That's how I've been feeling. People told me that it's ok to be angry, it's ok to frustrated but I kind of ignored the whole situation. I bottled up all the emotions and put them on K-Mart Lay-A-Way. It wasn't until I got my car back, until I found my writing voice, until I spoke with my parents that I figured out that I wasn't the same person. In fact, if I see that guy again who's been living my life the last couple of months, I'm gonna kick him in his nuts. I just woke up from a coma and it's great to see that my friends and family are still here. Thank you. The way The Corner bar was before I left on a temporary hiatus will be back before you know it. Better than ever. So pull up a chair, get ready for a long night because drinks are on me.

7 comments:

christine said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
christine said...

i will have one whiskey sour, please

Anonymous said...

Dan, you haven't changed in the 25 years since I first met you. You have always gone between phases of introspection where you sort of withdraw. It's not something everyone notices because it is not a total social cutoff, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I think that the first time I saw it was in the 2nd grade. At the time I had simply assumed that Ben Bowman had cast an evil red head spell and trapped your soul, it was some time after you returned that I realized you simply had to reboot and then come back to the world. I'll have a Heineken by the way.

qhunt said...

make mine a cherry coke, I'll drive.

kagroo said...

dave,

just because you think you can see in me or know me...doesn't mean you do. I have lots of cards up my sleeve.

Anonymous said...

I can see in you right now...

m said...

Making your way in the world today
takes everything you've got.
Taking a break from all your worries,
sure would help a lot.

Wouldn't you like to get away?

Sometimes you want to go
Where everybody knows your name,
and they're always glad you came.
You wanna be where you can see,
our troubles are all the same
You wanna be where everybody knows
Your name.

You wanna go where people know,
people are all the same,
You wanna go where everybody knows
your name.