Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Bram's Panties. By Dave M.

I have encountered a problem. A question of integrity, sentimentalism, and character and now I need the help of the atthecornerbar community to give me guidance on an important, perhaps life altering decision. I could simply ask the question, but the issue is so complicated that it requires some background so that you can fully comprehend the nature and importance of the decision that now lies before me. Please help me if you can.

The roots of this issue arose around about the year 1994. About 11 or 12 years ago I had occasion to slumber through the evening with Dan. By “with Dan” I mean that I spent the night at his house. I don’t know why, I cannot recall the circumstances of this particular encounter. I don’t know if we were hanging out and the night got out of hand, or if we had some early morning engagement that I felt more comfortable sleeping with Dan and embarking on the journey together early in the morning. I don’t remember if we shared a bed or if I took the couch, or if there were more than just us, such a Bram himself, Nathan and Randy all lined up in sleeping bags in front of the TV enjoying an exclusive viewing of “Dawn of the Dead” or some other fine cinematic masterpiece of similar ilk. Like I said, I just cannot remember and it is truly unimportant. It was the next morning when our story, or…happening begins.

It was in the morning when I realized that I did not have a clean pair of underpants to wear. Mine were soiled and I have never been one to wear the same pair of underwear two days in a row and I couldn’t just allow my Johnson to aimlessly flap about all day long. I’ve since developed a fondness for a commando style performance, but all in all, I am much more comfortable actually wearing something between my naked body and pants. I didn’t know quite what to do, but Dan had a solution. He let me to borrow a pair of his boxers. But Dan did one better than that even, he gave me a pair of Bram’s underwear. I didn’t ask him why it was that he had Bram’s underpants in his basement, and I didn’t care. I was just happy to get a fresh pair of pants, no questions asked.

Well I comfortably journeyed through the day, no problems. A fine pair of boxers these were. Soft cotton, a white base with vertical lines interspersed with shorter horizontal lines that constructed sort of open ended rectangular boxes pattern. They were comfortable, very comfortable. I suspect their comfort resulted from Bram’s gentle breaking in process coupled with further sessions of Dan wearing them once or twice as well.

As any gentlemen would do, when I returned home I removed the boxers, as nice as they were, and placed them in the laundry. Once they were laundered and folded in a very presentable manner I embarked to return them. I figured that because they belonged to Bram I would return them directly to him rather than take the time it would require to return them through Dan. It was just easier that way. Much to my surprise, when I called Bram to inquire about returning them he stated that he did not want them back. What was I to do? Bram didn’t want me to return the boxers. He said that I could keep them. He stated something about wearing boxers that had touched my ass making his skin crawl. Oh well I thought, his loss is my gain.

So in 1994 these boxers entered into my regular rotation. I adopted them as my own and loved them as such. Wearing them when clean, washing them when dirty, punishing them when bad.

Then 1999 rolled around. I found myself engaged to be married. The tuxedo was rented, the shoes were also rented. My good friend DJ gave me a white t-shirt to wear under the tux and God only knows where the socks came from. The panties however were more important. This garment that would cradle my most important member while I promised my life to the woman of my dreams would be none other than the white pair of Bram’s boxers that he gifted to me through Dan five years earlier. It was a momentous occasion and they performed extremely well. By this time I had worn my own ass grove into the pants. They were perfectly primed for the job. Five years they spent learning my shape, my moves, I had done almost everything in those pants. They traveled the world with me. Living on the shores of the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, Lakes Huron and Michigan, scuba diving the Great Barrier Reef, camping the outback, mountain climbing, hiking, sailing, Detroit, Windsor, Toronto, Buffalo, Boston, Washington D.C., Nashville, Charlotte, Chicago, Los Angeles, Sydney, Cairns, Alice Springs, and everywhere in between. These boxers were there, providing unmatched comfort through both rejection and conquest. Now I would commit myself to the only woman that mattered at all anymore and no other boxers would do. They of course flawlessly performed, again proving to me that these were special underpants, these were Bram’s panties.

After the wedding they went right back to work in the same rotation that they now commanded. No other boxers had worked as hard as these shorts, no other were worn as often or for as long. Another six year stint as Dave’s boxers and they gave of themselves like no other. They are still to this day in the general rotation. They longer direct the unmentionables drawer, they are getting old, but make no mistake they are there, and they don’t receive any special treatment above the others. They have the same job they undertook that spring day over 11 years ago when I needed a clean pair of pants and Dan was able to come through for me. They still magnificently perform their duty the same as they did in the beginning.

But one must keep in mind that I’ve been wearing these boxers for over a decade. I have no idea how long Bram wore them before they fell into my hands. I don’t really know if Dan ever wore them and if did, how many times. They are worn. They have begun to show their age. They have outlasted any other pair that I’ve ever owned, having long since watched each of their companions from the 90’s waste and pass away under the stress and brutal undertaking it is to perform as my underwear. Only to take in new companions and, over time, watch those pass as well. This pair of boxers have even outlasted countless pairs of jeans. It has been a long road, and only now in 2005 it is clear that the end is near. They have not torn, but the fabric is very thin, with light visible through multiple areas. The opening that allows access to my penis when my pants are unzipped has stretched and remains constantly open permitting my penis to flop out and bang against whatever outer garment I may be wearing at the time.

I have come to an important crossroads with these boxers. This is where you come in dear reader. This is where I need your guidance. I don’t know what to do. My devotion to this pair of boxers has clearly clouded my strict adherence to old boxer policy of throw away and replace the utterly destroyed, but now with this pair at its end, my judgment wanes. I have always believed that boxers were intended to be worn, and no matter how special any certain pair may have been to me I continued to wear them, and when they finally completely disintegrated, or when the elastic broke and they would longer stay up, or when they tore to the point that they no longer served the purpose of keeping butt-hole stink from transferring onto my pants I have always without fail at that point thrown them away without much of a thought. But these pants are different. I can see the end coming and it troubles me. These pants rose above all the others, not just because they outlasted by years any other pair that have ever entered my life, but also because they were loaned to me by my good friend Dan and were given to me as a gift by my good friend Bram. These are a special and intimate pair of panties. They are comfortable, attractive, and helpful; in a word these are a magnificent pair of underpants.

So dear reader, what do I do? Should I wash and press them, seal them away in a plastic bag with my wife’s wedding dress, never to be worn again? I could easily do this. There is a dry cleaner close to here. But that doesn’t seem like the appropriate tack to take with an old work horse such as these, as dignified as they truly are. Should I return them to Bram, their true and rightful owner, with a thank you, explaining their importance and loyalty in order to impart their beauty on their original owner so that he may know the service they have provided to me all these years? Or should I simply continue to wear them, let them gently fade away while wrapped around my buttocks, so familiar to them that it must seem like their only true home?

Whatever the consensus of Dan’s faithful readership that atthecornerbar decides will be their fate. As I wait for your direction, I simply wish to thank Dan and Bram (if he is out there) for my favorite pair of boxers. My wife calls them, “Bram’s Panties.”

24 comments:

christine said...

these are, indeed, special panties. you should (if you have the heart) tear or cut them into parts. save a square or strip for yourself that you can either let linger in your panty drawer or save in a memory box, which your wife might keep. another piece can be lovingly sent to Dave and Bram as momentoes. everytime one of you runs across it, you will be reminded of the fun and specialness that you had with these boxers and you won't have to completely let go.

m said...

Let me say first, I've never referred to men's underpants as "panties," nor have I ever heard them referred to in this manner heretofore.

As for the preservation, I would first opt for your idea of washing, pressing, sealing, and storing them next to your wife's wedding dress. The fact that you remember intentionally wearing them for your wedding has great sentimental value.

Also good is Christine's suggestion, although I wonder whether Dan and Bram will hold the same value as you do in a scrap piece of used underwear. Plus, this method requires that you destroy the boxers.

What I would be more concerned about if I were you is the fact that somehow through all these years your story got out. Someone somewhere heard the story of these magnificent, almost magical, boxers. And then that person adapted it, twisted it around, changed some names to protect the innocent, typed it up and sold it. And it is now being shown at your local cineplex as "The Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants."

Someone owes you some money.

m said...

Before I forget, I actually have some questions about this whole scenario:

1. Did Dan ever wear the boxers?

2. Why didn't Bram want them back?

3. Just why did Dan have Bram's boxers in the first place, and why were any of you comfortable wearing another guy's underpants?

kagroo said...

Well Jeff I can answer those questions for you. You see, we didn't live close to each other and I was always over in their neck of the woods which was at least a twenty minute bike right, at least. We tended to play basketball and all that jazz and I would either get invited to stay for dinner and/or go out to somebody's house afterwards. I'm not going to wear stinky, wet underwear so I'd borrow underwear...meaning I'd keep them. Now this happened on both ends of the spectrum as well. We were all pretty much brothers.

Why weren't we uncomfortable? Why not? It wasn't as if they were dirty. You've borrowed a shirt from someone before haven't you? It's the same thing. And please don't say it isn't because the other guys dick and balls touched them. We aren't really that big of homophobes to worry about that. We really didn't give a fuck back then and still wouldn't today cause it's not that big of a deal.

As far as Dave's story. I have no rememberence of it. This was the first I heard of it. I was even in his wedding. My opnion is to burn them like they burned Darth Vader's body at the end of Return of the Jedi. That's just my opinion.

Anonymous said...

Goddamn Hollywood. First they make some shitty movie that I have no intention of seeing whatsoever. Then someone tells me that the bastards stole my story and made this shitty movie out of it. Now I have to see it to confirm if it actually is my story. Aw fuck it. I'm not sitting through that piece of shit. Besides, aren't the pants supposed to be magical in that movie? These fuckers aren't magical, they just have staying power. Still, I may be owed royalties. It will be a tough case to prove. I just wrote up my story a few days ago, though I've been thinking about the phenomenon for years. Who have I told before? I just don't know. It got out someone, but it was really just passing comments, I don't think that it is theft. They just took a real life story and developed it into some cheeseball movie. Beat me to it they did.

But let's get back to the important things. Like my underwear.

Dan,
Twenty minute bike ride? More like a twenty minute drive. If I left my house on bike for yours in 1994 I'd just be getting there now.

Christine,
Excellent point on the quilt/special box idea. Problem is, my wife is not going to keep some old rage just because I wore them for a long time, or because I really liked them. Incidentally, I had a great idea two months ago to sew together old female panties into a pillow. My wife wasn't even pissed off when I started asking my buddy's wives for their old underpants. Then I pick up a "Maxim" magazine, and some sonofabitch beat me on that idea too and made a quilt out of panties. (Please keep in mind these are female panties I am speaking of now) I can put a used pair of guys underwear on my ass, but only female underwear goes on my head.

If I sent them to Dan or Bram, they would not be saved, nor worn. I could send them to Bram to impart the love and knowledge, but it would not be recipricated and they would be tossed. (which is fine) but you must enter into the deal knowing that will be the result. So sentimental saving could only be done with me.

J,

The world is a mixed up interchangeble place, and so is the world's words. Yes, generally "panties" refers to female underwear, but to me female underwear are special and every encounter I've ever had with them has taken me to a wonderful place. And therefore "panties" has a special conotation for me. Panties are wonderful, soft and silky. Therefore a pair of underwear that is special, but not necessarily worn by a female, could therefore become known as "panties" simply because they are wonderful, soft and silky. Which I assure you, adequately describes this pair of boxers.

I am game for the preservation idea, simply because in fifty years I can give my kids the dress and the boxers and tell them that this is what we were wearing when we got married. That, I'm hoping, will freak them out. The problem with that is we are not sentimental people, and neither the dress nor the underwear may last fifty years. My wife pulls out the wedding dress and wears it every Halloween to go trick or treating.

Anonymous said...

I take Dan's comment as a vote towards wearing them until they disentigrate. Sometimes it's like a funeral pyre down there anyways.

That makes it
one vote for preservation,

one split vote for saving/sending to Bram and Dan, and

one vote for disentigration.

That's hardly a consensus. Hmmm, what to do, what to do...

Anonymous said...

Let me just say that was a great blog. It did bring me back to the good old days of borrowing, giving,or stealing, shirts, shorts, boxers, or pants!! Just like any other favorite article of clothing, wear them until they desintegrate! You should be proud of those boxers so give them the respect they deserve and let them do their job. Don't tell them they need to retire or be thrown out or cut up or put in a box where nobody can appreciate them. Let them die where they started, on your butt(well at least during your ownership)!!

kagroo said...

Yes...where them till they fall off. Dave I was referring to my old house on Fairfield...when I would ride my bike to Bram and Randy's house everyday during the Summer...except Sunday.

Anonymous said...

I know what you were referring to and it's a long ass bike ride.

Maybe it seems longer to me now because I pass by the Fairfield house on I-94, and it always seems so damn far away from my mom's house when I get to that point in the trip to or from Mason.

Thanks everyone for the help on the Boxers. I wore them yesterday. Man, they are comfortable! They are really worn to the point that they feel like silk.

Now, I've got this story about a purple t-shirt that belongs to Nathan...Screw it, I'll keep that one to myself.

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute. Fairfield...you are talking about your old house which was actually within a reasonble distance from the central hub of Comstock not on the other side of the highway. My memory fails...what's happening to me? What have I become!?

kagroo said...

No shit...what a great memory you have. I sure would want you representing me. "Oh yeah, here's the evidence that proves that my client is innoncent. Oh, it's here somewhere."

Anonymous said...

If only you knew how uncannily accurate that is. I'm always screwing up something. It's a good thing I didn't become a doctor, you would see on Dateline and shit. "You won't believe how this doctor totally botched a surgery, now this woman shits out her vagina instead of her asshole."

Oh well, the legal system is safe with me. Here's my card. Give me a call.

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note of reflection as to what you were doing at young Daniel's house...

You were preparing for a long drive up to the Port Huron Gus Macker tournament. I've got the pictures to prove it. Not exactly sure why we all went, but that's the background.

As for the boxers, you've got a load of great options already. But I'm a little partial to turning them into a newborn's woobie.

Best,

Anonymous said...

Hey Nate, good to hear from you. I remember that tournament, and I remember all of us going. You all went to play in the tournament, I went because if you all were going to Port Huron, then I didn't have anything to do but go to Port Huron. A good trip all and all. I have a picture of Dan giving Canada the finger.

However, I don't remember that being the occasion on which I received the boxers. It very well could have been. What probably happened was that Randy stole my boxers, and therefore I needed to borrow a pair, and Dan pulled out Bram's for me. And it was at that time that Bram said I could keep them. That would all make complete logical sense. I do remember for sure getting them directly from Dan because they were on top of a laundry basket of clean folded clothes.

Am I wearing the boxers in any of the pictures?

qhunt said...

dave
hey man, great fricken story! that story reminds me of all the great stories my articles of clothing tell. I have over 100 t shirts and i can't remember buying a single one of them. they all tell a story.(i didn't steal any of them either). wear those boxers until they become cheese cloth man!!
i also feel cool because I was at your wedding and remember that moment in your life, and to think, those boxers were carrying you through the whole thing.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Q. I can't believe you have that many t-shirts. I have between 1 and 2 hundred t-shirts too and my wife complains very loudly about them. Do you have the same troubles?

kagroo said...

Oh yes...The Gus Macker Tournament. Wow what a gread weekend though. Dave took the saddest picture of all time of nate and I. If you ever want to know what defeat is...look at that picture. FUCKING A.

qhunt said...

Dave,
oh man, I could talk to you for hours about our wives and our t-shirts. what is it with the wives hating the t-shirts. they aren't hurting anyone. I have stacks and stacks in my closet from different times in my lifes, each bringing a vivid memory or where or when or how i obtained it. I also have a seasonal rotation. I have about 75 in a chest down stairs that i rotate with the ones in my closet (because i can't fit them all at one time). i love them all so i rotate them about every 5 months or so. it is cool to see the ones i forgot about and say, "oh man, i thought i lost you, i am so glad you are in my rotation chest and i can wear you again"! how about you?

Anonymous said...

Q,

I've done the same thing over the years. Placing them in tubs and then pulling them out after a year or two to put them back in the rotation. But I've abandoned that mentality.

I've currently implemented a program where I put them all in the rotation. They are staged so that I wear them all once before I wear one a second time. It takes at least six months to go through the entire rotation, but it is worth it. They are all right there in my closet and dresser and I know I can pull out any one at any time. That really makes my wife mad. She would rather them be boxed up and put out in the garage. I can't do that, I get too worried about mice, moisture, or other hazards. This way I know that the only hazard they face is when their turn to be worn comes up.

They take up a closet shelf with six or seven stacks, each stack about 15 to 20 shirts high. In addition I have four dresser draws full of them. I just go through them stack by stack and drawer by drawer. If it is a special occasion I will move one up in the rotation to wear on a particular day.

For instance, I have to wear Chief Big Mac up north at least once a summer. It is an ash-gray shirt with a giant screen printed Indian Chief in full headdress. Mountains and buffalo pepper the background.

On I-75, at exit 310 is the Indian River McDonalds. It's about 35 miles south of the bridge. The McDonalds has a log siding facade. That is where the Chief Big Mac story was born. Chief Big Mac was the greatest and wisest of all Indian Chiefs. I have tortured the ever loving hell out of my wife's little sister and brother, who are teenagers, with the fables of the long passed on Chief Big Mac. Whenever either of them goes up north with us, you know that we stop at the Indian River McDonalds and the Chief Big Mac t-shirt makes an appearance. I then take on Chief Big Mac's persona to regail all the family with his stories courage and love in creating and defending the Indian River McDonalds.
What a great t-shirt.

qhunt said...

dave,
yet another great story. i have to get a quality rotation going. right now i usually neglect the t-shirts at the bottom of the pile, for fear of tipping the pile over if i take them out, and go for the top t-shirts. well, the problem with that is my wife, being the great wife she is, washes the t-shirts i wear and put them right back on top. so though i have over a hundred, i don't get a chance to wear them all steadily, like you. i need to come up with something. I just don't have the space right now. when i get a new house i am going to dedicate an entire walk in closet to my t-shirts. I have some classics too: Iron Mountain class of '98 tye dye shirt, caution: Lake State Tennis crossing shirt, Pazooka Joe Volleyball Camp shirt(obtained via Mandy Whitfield), Goldberg shirt, ST. Louis Volleyball, two kinds of K-College shirts(you known darn well i didn't go there!) 10-15 Lake state shirts of different sports or design. the great thing is they all have a story with them on how i obtained them and why. I think it is a crock than people are buying "vintage" t-shirts for rediculous prices. what is the point of having a Led Zeplin dancing days tour t-shirt if you weren't even there!! "oh, i bought it from the mall for $30" what a bunch of crap! that makes people alike you and I look bad. we earned our shirts, they have stories. I have paid $30 for a t-shirt before but that was when i was rocking out with the Styx, or Smashing Pumpkins, or Beastie Boys...I was there!!! that is the whole point. that would be the only way i spend money on a shirt, to remember an experience. i don't need to remember and experience of shopping at a mall!

Anonymous said...

Mutiple stacks are key. It allows you to go through one entire stack without piling back on top before it is overwith. The appropriate amount of room is very important. I am frequently scolded on the amount of old worn out clothing that I retain. I just can't bring myself to part with an article of clothing until it has completely disintegrated. Problem is, my wardrobe is currently housed in my son's bedroom closet. Once I have to start sharing I am screwed. I can tell you right now that my wife, as an impartial arbitrator of that dispute, will rule against me with a vengeance. She will of course represent his interest as he does not have any vocabulary right now.

What bothers me about faux vintage shirts is that people pay $30 for an old looking t-shirt. The same is available at goodwill for 99 cents. My brother-n-law has an entire collection of goodwill t-shirts for the price that the future yuppies of America pay for one.

qhunt said...

very well put dave. I am going to work on my stacks. I will ask my wife, ever so politely, to stack the clean shirts on one pile only, and i will transfer them as needed.

see dave, goodwill is a little iffy too. i mean, they are cheep and really cool most of the time, but what experience comes with that? next to none. You and I have a bond with our shirts, not because of the price, or what is actually on it, but the way it was obtained, where you were, the memories it has, why you have it at all, why you keep it so long. all of those things are woven into the cotton fibers of the shirts, and, of course, our souls. I guess I just view t-shirts a little differently than the rest of the population.

I still have my first Chicago Bulls shirt that Randy gave me for my 12th birthday. it is completely see through and wholey, but i will never throw it away. every whole in that shirt i can tell you were it came from. i don't even wear it any more for fear it will fall apart, but i know exactly where it is at all times. while we are on the subject. what ever happened to Dan's "blow up McDonals" shirt. that thing was classic.

Anonymous said...

I concur on your objection to the good will shirts. I don't buy them either. But if I was in the gap looking at a torn up worn out shirt to buy, I think I would check with good will before I made my purchase.

I am pretty sure that the "Blow up McDonald's" shirt came from Dan's brother. Come off the information Dan, where is "Blow Up McDonald's" and do you still wear it or are you afraid of terrorist accusations from the family oriented restuarant chain.

I remember wearing a t-shirt that had the great seal of the United States on it. I coincidently wore it on April 19, 1995. I remember bumping into Mr. Stripp and he said, "You're going to be next." or something along those lines. I didn't know what he was talking about until later. I don't have that shirt anymore, at least I haven't seen it in a while, I don't know what happened to it. Such is life.

bdsm lesbian erotica stories online said...

I was trying to get himinto the bedroom. Reaching out for her, he curved his hands around those solid hips, curling his long narrow fingers to press deeply into Kitty Kats firm, meaty ass.
sexy student teacher stories
big black cock rape stories
pedo sex stories post
erotic sex stories of child prostitution
short hot sex stories
I was trying to get himinto the bedroom. Reaching out for her, he curved his hands around those solid hips, curling his long narrow fingers to press deeply into Kitty Kats firm, meaty ass.