Thursday, June 09, 2005

Baby, Come Back To Me. By Dave M.

“Don’t ever let your dreams die”

--famous person quote


I made that up, that is not a quote, it’s bullshit. Someone, everyone, has put the same sentiment into words before, I’m just too busy to find an especially clever one to compliment my current musings. Here I am acting the part of “The Man” reaping all the benefits of my sale to the Devil. I never thought I would miss the soul, but I failed to negotiate my dreams into the deal and now they are lost. New dreams arise, but you can see it there among the riches of my life the original lies dead, unburied, decaying. The rot is unavoidable; it reeks, choking me as I go. Jesus has forgiven me, the Bible tells me so, I got my soul back, but the Devil kept the dream. He and I still collect on the deal. I refuse to let go…

5 comments:

kagroo said...

Drink up...we'll make you sheriff.

ttt said...

Cheers man, there's a devil in everyone of us.

christine said...

surprise! i am the devil.

Anonymous said...

I knew it! Only the devil would text message while at work.

Thanks for the sheriff offer Dan. I've always styled myself after Wyatt Earp. I need the color of law to legitimize and cloud the true nature of my own criminal enterprises.

kagroo said...

I'm into eight hours of 24 hours with the Foo Fighters on MT2...I'm sweating...it's gross.