Friday, September 30, 2005

Tomorrow by Nina

I just saw someone realize their incapacities. The look of their face was numbing. The body was nearly frozen, but the mechanics of the pained mind moved on at a pace that let you see a frenzied scattering for answers within their soul.

Was this true? Is there no way out? There has to be a solution

So they move just the slightest to regain eye contact.

"Are you ok?"

"Yeah. I was just thinking"

Yeah, you were just thinking about where you go from here, and the thing is, you don't know. You have no clue. I can't help you, either, b/c the truth is, I am not so sure I'm doing what i'm supposed to be doing, either.

So we take a silent moment. A moment that is just a second too long. That second that holds the vulnerability of me knowing the terror that you've found within yourself.

You can't succeed at what you want to.

You'll try to forget that this just happened. That it all came to you in an epipheral moment of realization that shatters your dreams. Your idea of who you are. Your hopes for tomorrow.

You turn away from the mirror.

And you walk away.

9 comments:

kagroo said...

I gotta say that someone sent this to me to post and I'm glad she did. In all honesty, I think it's pretty fucking good.

m said...

Heck yes. Damn good. The best writers seem to stumble in to The Corner Bar.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I like it too. I don't have a lot of comments for it, but I think it comes off very well.

Thanks Nina.

christine said...

what are the incapacities? so curious...

Anonymous said...

Tomorrow has been up Today for four days in a row.

Anonymous said...

Come on Anonymous. If you are going to speak, speak it out loud, not from dark corners.

Now dammit Dan, write something and put it up. I'm a whore for your thoughts.

kagroo said...

Hey mother fuckers...I've been working 14 hour days and I get a little tired when I get home. I don't want to post crap so I'm gonna wait for the weekend. Now I really liked Tomorrow and felt comfortable leaving it there until I wrote a new one. So if you want a new post...someone write me one...Please.

Anonymous said...

Relax Dan. We love you and we know you are busy. Well I do anyways.

Anonymous said...

What the fuck?! We've went from discussing this post to checking out penis enlargement? How big is too big? 7, 8, 10, 154 inches? I hope that spammer gets prostate cancer.