Friday, September 23, 2005

Put Your Shoes on Hippie. By Dave M.

Some background: I'm at work. I work in an office building. There are several offices in the building. My wife happens to work in the office right next to mine, though she works for a different company than me. I just met my wife in the public hallway by happenstance. This is where I discovered something about my wife that I would rather not know. My wife doesn't like to wear shoes. She is barefoot about 80% of the time. (That is not new, I've known about that for a long time.) But when I just met her in the hallway she was barefoot. Come on, she is at work, you cannot wear shoes throughout the workday?! But it's ok, I can get past that. The problem is, she was headed to the bathroom. I asked her if she intended to go into the public restroom barefoot. She replied in the affirmative. I don't like the soles of my shoes touching a public restroom floor, let alone my naked skin. All I can think about is those disgusting germ infested feet in my bed, it makes my skin crawl. It is just not ok to go into a public restroom without shoes on. Am I alone in this? I'm grateful that I don't have a toe sucking fetish.

6 comments:

qhunt said...

ok, Dan, seriously, you have to get rid of this spam guy! Dave, dude, I am glad i am not married to a woman who has not concern for bathroom floors, who knows where her feet have been, and she is going to dirty up the bathroom floor with them. I hope they gave that floor a good scrubbing afterwards. Other people have to walk in there!! jeez.

Anonymous said...

I hope that spammers eventually can be traced back to the IP address they post from so we can send them nice e-mail greetings telling them to fuck off. Maybe a few thousand of these e-mails clogging their inboxes will slow them down.
As to the naked feet in the bathroom, that's one BAD habit. In a men's bathroom alone, you know how much piss is lying on the floor. Have a cut on your foot or some abrasion and then the next thing you know you have hepatitis C.

christine said...

i thought barefoot bathroom escapades were illegal - seriously. against the health code maybe?

Anonymous said...

Ah, Christine. To introduce you to my wife would produce excitement.

The best and easiest way to get my wife to do anything is to tell her not to do it. Especially with any authority whatsoever. As a matter of fact, the more authority you cite in telling her how to do something, then the more likely it is that she will do just the opposite.

As I sit and look out my office window and see her father's vehicle parked on the sidwalk outside my building I ponder where she may have developed such an attitude. Mmmm...

christine said...

'produce excitement'

that's the best term i've heard all week. love it

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is a little jewel of a term. I'm quite proud of it.