Thursday, February 24, 2005

Please Don't Call Me That

What is the obsession with pet names? I mean is it really necessairy to call someone "Bubie" or "Sweetie Poompky?" I mean, we were given names so that we don't have to be called other ones.

When you think about it too...a pet is something you own. It is something you take care of, you take to the vet, it is something that you clam as your own. "This is MY pet. Watch as he does a trick at MY command." So by giving your significant other a pet name, does this mean that you are claiming your territory? That you own him or her and claim them as your property? Like when those white assholes would re-name slaves on their cotton fields. And it's not like you can tell your girl/boyfriend to not call you that. It may hurt their feelings or it may really piss them off. And if that's the case, that it does mean you are "taken," if your friends start calling you by your pet name, would this free you from this symbolic prison or does it just make the matter worse?

I'm all for peace and love. Finding that someone special to open up with. To watch a movie with on those cold Saturday nights. I am not for these pet names. I will not stand up for it. I am not Toby...I am Dan McCauley...hear my voice.

4 comments:

qhunt said...

Dan, great fricken blog. i agree totally. and you said it so well. what can i say, i am a fan!
Q

qhunt said...

yeah, what is the real story behind this?

kagroo said...

No real story. Sorry my friends but I think about something and it sticks in my brains until I write it down.

Anonymous said...

you must do or do not.
there is no try.